Saturday, March 15, 2014

New Carpet

I decided that, although the floor needs a major redo, I'd chuck some new carpet in to gloss her over a little.

Its a bit hard to see, but from this old original faided red paisley:

To this new charcoal cabin carpet:

Loom re-wiring

So, I decided it was time to tackle the motor's wiring loom. It was in a real state.

This first image is the loom removed, wires labeled and laid out on a inboard (so that I can keep track of it all).

This is what she looked like after I toll all the electrical tape, heat shrink and heck knows what other stuff.

All the wires that were under the electrical tape were coated in this revolting sticky goo. I guess its a buildup of fuel, cleaners, WD40, etc over it's life.

These are the wires that were not wrapped. Pretty rotten!